With the growing application of electronic goods and appliances, the requirement of e-waste recycling has become a very important part of waste management, apart from the general waste bin. The renowned waste management companies are also offering services to recycle the electronic items so that these are properly disposed of and don’t pose any threat to the environment with their harmful chemicals.
The electronic waste includes laptops, computers, motherboards, keyboards, speakers, headphones and various other metal objects as well as the batteries used to operate them.
The Dangers of Improper Electronic Waste Recycling:
There are two dangers of not recycling the electronic wastes properly:
1) Electronic wastes release a lot of toxic and hazardous materials which can jeopardise the eco-system. Metals such as mercury, lead, chromium and cadmium can seriously endanger the species on earth. It can contaminate the air and water which will lead to death and diseases.
2) E-waste contains a lot of valuable metals such as aluminium, gold, copper and silver which can be recycled and reused to make new electronic appliances. Electronic waste recycling will also save more energy and resources and also lower the cost of making new products from fresh materials.
The Advantages of Electronic Waste Recycling:
1) Conserves Energy And Resources:
Through recycling the valuable materials, you can conserve more energy and resources from the old electronic objects. This will save a lot of money and reduce the rate of pollution and harmful gas emission.
2) Protects The Environment:
Electronic waste can be damaging for the environment and improper removal of these waste materials can pose threat to the entire eco-system. So, recycling the e-waste in the proper way is important for saving the environment.
3) Saves More Landfill Space:
Recycling e-waste saves landfill space for other waste materials. This is also a great advantage of electronic waste recycling.